Call to action is one of the best-known marketing tools. It’s also probably the most important part of the website or ad campaign. CTA is a way to convince the audience to take steps toward becoming a client.
Call to action (CTA) is a marketing term used extensively in advertising and selling. It refers to any device designed to prompt an immediate response or encourage an immediate sale. A CTA most often refers to the use of words or phrases that can be incorporated into sales scripts, advertising messages or web pages that encourage consumers to take prompt action.Wikipedia
Why is it so special? And what can you do to improve your CTAs? Let’s find out!
CTAs will grow your audience and increase sales
From social media posts to business landing pages, each piece of content, which includes a CTA becomes a powerful marketing tool. CTA creates a better user experience. The easier you make it to take the next step, the more people will do so. It’s important to have as many CTAs as possible and to make them clear to the user. You should use ‘Order free call’ instead of ‘Submit’ and ‘Get free tips’ instead of ‘Subscribe’.
CTAs increase conversion rates
- CTAs on the landing page increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Good CTAs increases product sign-up by 34%.
- Adding CTAs to your Facebook page can increase the click-through rate by 285%.
- Hubspot found that calls-to-action targeted to the user had a 42% higher view-to-submission rate than calls-to-action that were the same for all visitors.
Creating effective CTAs
It’s better to have ANY CTAs than having none of them, but there are some rules, which can help you create outstanding ones.
- Good Design: A colourful button is a good way to get the user’s attention.
- High Visibility: font size should be large enough to get attention.
- Short In Length: no longer than five words.
- Clear Benefit: Stating a clear benefit that the user will get from clicking would increase your conversion rates.
- Actionable Text: A call to action text, which gives a clear and direct command of what to do.